If you live in the beautiful city of Chula Vista surrounded by the San Diego bay and coastal mountain foothill then you might be so engulfed in the scenic beauty of the place that you forget that accidents can happen here too. Unfortunately, they do and in Chula Vista, collisions between two cars, cars and a pedestrian and car and a bike are common and often critical. Weather conditions might also contribute towards accidents. 50% of the injuries encountered in such incidents are crippling and can be permanent resulting in loss of job, income and the lifestyle you were accustomed to. Rania Dalloul
From the car accident lawyers in Chula Vista, here is some great advice for you:
- Contact a legal advisor and get in touch with injury attorney as soon as you can.
- If you are involved in an accident involving a collision with a pedestrian, never admit responsibility because most often then not, such cases can go in favor of the pedestrian even if the fault is theirs.
- If your car crash was caused by unusual circumstances like weather conditions, never try to file for compensation claims without a lawyer because you will lose the claim. Professional car accident lawyers know the technical details and the loop holes to get you the maximum compensation. They are specialized in car crash cases and deal with them everyday.
- You insurance company might lure you in to signing a settlement form without consulting a lawyer. Unless you don’t consult a lawyer, you will not know the amount of compensation that you can get and might end up receiving a far less amount then you deserve.
- If the defending party is not accepting liability on the car crash site, then don’t be frustrated or be tempted in to giving in and agreeing to take the fault even if it’s not yours. Desperate times like these call for patience and intelligence. Your lawyer can take the driver of the other car or the bike to the court and prosecute him. You don’t have to be impatient or angry at the site.
- Injury attorneys should be present when you meet your insurance agent. Most insurance companies will try their best and lure you in to signing forms that might jeopardize your case and weaken it without you even knowing.
- Your lawyer will know the ‘statue of limitation’, the time interval you have to take a legal action and will be on top of the matter which otherwise you might not be able to do. Choose your lawyer wisely and as soon as you can.
- Local lawyers are usually the best one’s because they know the demographics of the city and the local laws. Since law and judiciary changes from state to state, it is a good way to ensure that your settlement claim goes in to trial smoothly.
- Remember, the worst ha already happened. You need your old life back now and focusing on the positive and staying on to of things will get you there sooner then whining or depression will.